Samoa Tourism Sector Plan 2022-2027 Launched
The Minister for Natural Resources and Environment and Tourism Hon. Toeolesulusulu Cedric Schuster, Samoa Tourism Authority and the Samoa Tourism Sector officially launched on Friday 10th February the Samoa Tourism Sector Plan 2022-2027 targeting the return of tourist arrival numbers pre-pandemic, and aspiring to achieve a new benchmark of 250,000 bonafide visitors annually.
The Minister emphasized the key strategic goals of the plan as:
- Rebranding of Beautiful Samoa to focus on what it is globally known and recognized for, such as our culture and heritage, our people, our pristine environment, as well as a safe and vibrant destination for all forms of events
- Refocusing our marketing approach to utilize our people and ambassadors, targeting niche markets tailored to our strengths, and utilizing all forms of multimedia platforms,
- Enhancing destination competitiveness by improving transport, infrastructure and accessibility
- Creating a strong investment and business enabling environment
- Investing in training and development needs, and
- Building resilience to climate and disasters, economic recessions, health risks and social issues
The Minister acknowledged all who contributed to the formulation of the sector plan as well as to the development of the sector, and encouraged everyone to continue to work together to achieve the sector’s vision for a more resilient, inclusive and green Samoa as a tourism destination, and sustainable tourism recovery and growth in five years, in line with the Pathway for Development of Samoa 2026 and Sustainable Development Goals 2030.
The Minister for Agriculture and Fisheries Hon. Laauli Leuatea Polataivao Fosi cut the ribbon to officiate the launch of the Samoa Tourism Sector Plan for the next 5 years.