Pastry training for the industry
Samoa Tourism Authority (STA) in collaboration with the New Zealand Government through the Samoa Tourism Growth Partnership (STGP) will roll-out a series of training sessions which will focus on Pastry delights for the hospitality sector.
The initiative is part of the Tourism Trainings and Skills Development component of the STGP.
With the support and assistance of the Australian Pacific Training Coalition (APTC), the training aims to refresh, upskill and provide financial support to displaced employees whose jobs have been directly affected by the Covid-19 Pandemic.
The initiative is also an opportunity to prepare Samoa’s industry for opportunities that will come with the revival of the tourism sector once borders reopen.
The trainings will be conducted over a 3-month period at locations across Upolu and Savaii.
- Cohort 1: 24th – 28th May 2021 (APTC)
- Cohort 2: 21st -25th June 2021 (APTC)
- Cohort 3: 28th June – 2nd July 2021 (Aga Reef Resort)
- Cohort 4: 12th – 16th July 2021 (Savaii)
- Cohort 5: 19th – 23rd July 2021 (Savaii)
- Cohort 6: 2nd – 6th August 2021 (APTC)
Interested participants are encouraged to contact STA for registration and venue information and note the following details:
- Free of charge training;
- Breakfast and lunch provided;
- Priority is for all the displaced employees of the industry;
- A small stipend will be received upon completion of training
- Applicant must be from or have worked in a restaurant, café or hotel;
- And has experience in baking or cooking
Contact – Sheena Ng Lam-Stowers (63506, firstname.lastname@example.org); Jade Eli (63535, email@example.com)