The South Pacific Tourism Organisation (SPTO) brings to you the 4th South Pacific Tourism Exchange (SPTE) which will be held on
Date: 25th and 26th May, 2020
Venue: Airforce Museum of New Zealand, Christchurch
The SPTE follows soon after the Australian Tourism Exchange (ATE) from the 10th to 14th May, 2020 at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, Melbourne, Australia
SPTE once again offers you a unique kaleidoscope of pristine, exotic, uncrowded, under discovered and distinct cultures and traditions of beautiful Pacific Island destinations, all under one roof.
Come meet and forge lasting and fruitful relations with tourism suppliers from a diverse range of product offerings across the sun-kissed islands of the Pacific.
The concept of the South Pacific Tourism Exchange (SPTE) was born due to the need to offer a one-stop shop to you, our valued international travel partners to meet our regional tourism products and suppliers from the islands. It offers the convenience of meeting all Pacific island destinations and a cost-effective platform for our Pacific Island partners to travel from all corners of the Pacific Ocean to Christchurch, New Zealand to exchange their exciting products to you, our international buyers from all across the globe.
The SPTO successfully launched and executed a regional tourism and trade event for the Pacific islands and its first South Pacific Tourism Exchange in Auckland, New Zealand in May 2014.
The SPTE 2020 is targeting 90 international buyers to meet and network with over 90 tourism operators (National tourism offices, ITOs, regional airlines, hotel operators, tour and excursion operators etc) from SPTO’s 16 Pacific Island member countries including American Samoa, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Kiribati, Nauru, New Caledonia, Marshall Islands, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu.
Why the South Pacific Tourism Exchange
As a registered BUYER, SPTE 2020 presents to you the following opportunities:
- Direct marketing appointments with exhibitors representing Pacific Islands hotels/resorts, inbound tour operator, airline and other key tourism partners;
- In-depth product training;
- Strengthening partnership with key Pacific Islands and New Zealand tourism operators;
- Adding value to your participation at ATE and/or TRENZ 2020; and
- Most importantly, a means to help growing your business to the South Pacific.
For registered SELLERS, SPTE 2020 offers the following opportunities:
- Access to up to 75 international wholesalers and tour operators enthusiastic about growing their business into the South Pacific;
- Media and PR exposure through the SPTE media programme;
- Market intelligence and growth strategy feedback via pre-scheduled appointments; and
- Strengthening of network with travel and tourism partners from around the region.